Dec 22, 2012

Mason Jar Cocoa

I love good mason jars and I also love some good hot chocolate. When you put them together it equals awesome. I searched for some recipes for homemade hot chocolate mix and decided to make up my own. This hot chocolate recipe is good and rich. I tried it with milk and water. Both were fine but I think I prefer with water. I also used freezer paper and wrapped a couple candy canes and then crushed it with a glass cup. I layered the cocoa mix, marshmallows, crushed candy cane and a little more marshmallows. Tied it all up with some bakers twine and delivered it to friends & teachers. This is the perfect last minute neighbor, teacher, or friend gift because it whips up fast & simple. AND is cute.

candy canecocoa jarhot cocoa jarhot cocoa jar2

Hot Cocoa Mix

{About 20 Servings}

-3 cups non-fat dry milk

-2 cups powdered sugar

-1 1/2 cups cocoa powder

-3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

-3/4 cups white chocolate chips

-1/4 tsp salt

*Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk and gradually add the mixture into your blender or food processor. grind it all up until the chocolate is powder-like. (I had to do pretty small batches because our blender is on it’s last leg FYI). We used about a half cup to 3/4 cup powder to 1 cup boiling milk or water.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVEEE! I have a few people that I need to give presents too still- and I know they would LOVE this! Thanks for the idea!

    I'm new to this "blog" world. Been a long time reader, but decided to start my own to commit to my 2013 resolution.. change my eating habits and cook more often! SO I figured, if I blogged away- I would HAVE to commit.

    http://squishyskitchen.blogspot.com/

    I love your blog, so hopefully you don't mind if I post about some of your recipes- down the line- and link back to you? :) Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to hear from you :)